Sunday, November 6, 2011

A skill set called leadership

I have been in the block for quite some time , and I have been trying to establish as to entails a skill set called leadershiop.I have look at it from an academic perspective , the answers that I get seemed to be very vague , they don’t explicitly explain what is leadership. I guess it what a human being can stand based on pressures of life , whether it for the nation or for individual gains. I believe everyone is a leader in their own right because they lead somewhere, whether it’s at home, work, community etc. Leadership encompasses a number of things such as discipline, ethic, tenacity, qualifications etc. What most people don’t understand is when one is in leadership position and what it entails, such ethics .Although leaders are also ordinary people there is a big difference between an ordinary person and those who are in positions of leadership and public interest and ethics are the most critical element / aspect of a skill set called leadership.Those who sacrifice for the people so that there is development and empowerment and not themselves for me they  have a set of skill called leadership , Like the South Africa former President Mandela

1 comment:

  1. One of the most iconic world leaders indeed - Nelson Mandela

    ReplyDelete